Monday, 12 June 2017




SCULPTORS JOURNEY
This is my journey to a way of living as artist.

my primary interest is Sculpture and as I am embarking on a career change and new life journey, first thing to be done was to upgrade my studio. 

The workshop is already fully fitted out for serious finewood working and carving, however I always had a interest in wood turning as a basis for further development in sculpture.

So during the last 4 months I have been working long hours in sorting out the studio, built and installed new windows and more lighting.  I also invested in a new wood turning lathe with all the trimmings.



Making new windows for the Studio.




New wood turning lathe arriving.
Yes! needed 5 people to carry it! - 4 actually, I was directing the operation!


First blank canvas!

Wood turning is an excellent way to be creative using wood, the development of this art form has developed enormously over the last few decades, and has become more sculpture in many ways.

No comments: